Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's day

So Valentine's day was yesterday and I had an unusual experience. Usually my valentine's is the crappiest day of the year for me. I struggle with not having a boyfriend and with my mom usually not getting me anything for it either. But this year was completely different, no I don't have a boyfriend to spend a romantic day with or any of that but I do have a new perspective on the day. I started praying about a week ago that when the day comes I will be satisfied in Jesus' unfailling, unconditional love and not worry about not having worldy love in my life. So Sunday, the day before valentine's, I was wallowing around all sad because again I don't have a boyfriend when something really surprising happened. I was explaining my husband journal to my friend(and crush) Noah. I was telling him how even though we don't always think about it or realize it we already have that one person we are gonna marry. He or she(for guys) exists and God has already written into our lives that that is our husband or wife. So why not write to him and act like he exists? I knew that all along thats obviously have a husband journal but it never actually sunk in and hit me that if God already has a guy for me why do I keep trying and being sad about not having a boyfriend? I shouldn't be! My realization is that I am gonna stop pursuing guys(with God's help of course)! Then to top it all off Kaitlynn(one of my best friends) got me chocolates that had a picture of a princess and a frog on it, symbolizing that my prince will come one day! And finally the icing on the top of the cake was that my mom left me a card Valentine's day morning asking me to be her valentine's dinner date! It truly blessed me!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love this Alyssa!!! I love seeing you grow in your faith. You are an inspiration!